Tips To Remember When You Receive The Card
1. Always keep your card in a safe place, just as you would take care of cash and cheque books.
2. Never write down your PIN (personal identification number) anywhere. Memorize it.
3. If you receive a replacement card, be sure to destroy your old card by cutting it into four and discard the pieces.
Tips To Remember When Transacting At The ATM
1. Ensure that no one sees you enter your PIN (personal identification number).
2. Never allow a stranger to assist you while using an ATM.
3. After completing your transaction, secure your card and cash immediately. Always count your cash before leaving the ATM area and not outside it.
4. Do not leave your transaction record at the ATM. Shred it before discarding it.
5. Change your ATM PIN frequently, at least once a month.
When ATM card is lost or misplaced what immediate steps are to be taken ?
1. Contact TJSB IT Cell phone number on 2583 8594, inform loss of card and make request to HOT / BLOCK the card and stop the operations of the card on the network.
2. Inform immediately the card issuing branch telephonically about the loss of card followed by written request to make the card HOT.
Can a replacement ATM card be issued in lieu of lost / damaged card ?
Yes, Replacement ATM card is issued at a nominal charge of Rs. 100/-
If lost card is subsequently found / traced and restored to cardholder, can it be reactivated ?
Yes, the cardholder should make a written request to the card-issuing branch. The branch in turn, will to IT Cell to reactivate the card.
What is Fast Cash ?
It is withdrawal of pre-specified amount. At present Rs. 1000/-, Rs. 2000/-, Rs. 3000/-, Rs. 5000/- can be withdrawn from a primary account to be designated by the customer.
What is Cash Withdrawal ?
Card holder may withdraw minimum of Rs. 100/-, maximum or Rs. 15000/- ( and in multiples of Rs. 100/-) per day subject to daily limit and availability of balance in the account.
What to do if you are getting the message on the ATM "INVALID CARD" ?
There could be a track problem with the card. First, the customer should try a transaction in some other ATM on TJSB Network, and if he is getting the same message, the card has to be replaced.
Does Bank bears any liability for unauthorised use of the card ?
No. The responsibility is solely
vested with the cardholder.